Sunday, July 03, 2005

2004 has been a memorable year for me, the birth of Kern Communications Pvt Ltd. It is now more than a year since I joined hands with two of my close pals with the vision of creating a leading learning services and usability services company. Over this period, we have struggled, grown, learned and enjoyed every bit of it. It has been a tremendous learning experience, experienced more so by my colleagues, co-founders and friends, Ripul and Geeta who have been in the thick of things at all times what with setting up an office, expanding, building a team (have to mention this, our team today includes a bunch of really talented and enthusiastic people, a special mention of the first threesome on board - Anu, Sowndarya and Deepa).

So what is it like to manage a start-up? When is the best time to start? How to start? I am sure these are queries that strike each of us when we think of starting a new venture. That’s when the thought stuck - Let me share my experiences. So keep visiting this page as I share my thoughts, views and experiences on – What triggered off this decision, what is it like to manage a start-up, useful strategies and lots more over the coming months. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Sundari said...

Congrats Rashmi, on your new blog! Hoping to have some interesting interactions that would help us grow better. I'm really lucky to have been on the Board !!

Ram Iyer said...

Congrats Rashmi.

Really interesting. I'm really glad to see such startups happening!

I have a few Qs:

- Why the name Kern comm?
- How did you think of this idea?
- What was it like during the nascent stage?

Regards
sRi

98405 87187